N i f l h e l ← →
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Niflhel could have a bar to meet at, this would be it.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Melee topic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Siegfried

Siegfried

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 am

First of all, if you wanna be a melee, you should reflect about these question: What is it to be a melee? How does a melee work? Do i like swords?

Well, i dont know about the other questions, but i like swords. Thats enough for me to be a melee

Basically melee is someone who use weapon in other people to make then hurt. Thats is pretty much what you do when you are a melee but dont think that is simple, cause its REALLY simple. The edge of sword go into the enemies while you hold the sword by the other side. If you hurt, not the enemy, thats is probably cause you are holding the sword wrong someway.

I will suggest 2 kinds of builds for melee. One based only in physical dmg, without any kind of magic and another where you use enhance to buff yourself for better dmg. I will explain the first while i will leave to balmung to explain the other, since he is the man who understands about this

Attribute points. Pure melee build you want the most strength you can have. Max your str as soon as you can, then put some points in luck or in vit. For enhance built ask balmung

Expertise -> A good melee build takes lots of xpt, so i will do a quick analyze of the xpt in the game, remember to choose with care. The ones not present dont even look at then cause they will only eat your points and wont do you any good.

For deeper info into xpt and if you want help with a build ask me o/

Attack Class 8~9 (Your main xpt. For melee, attack is the skill you use the most, All builds should have at least Class 8 attack, plus attack raises regal)

Spin Class 6~7 (Spin is good cause you can stop enemys attacks, do area dmg and still looks cool. Its not a must like attack but works good)

Rush 0 (Rush sounds cool. you give a charged attack with more dmg. But rush actually is not so good. You can do more dmg with attack and its very easy to stop rush)

Guard/Counter/Dodge 0~1 (They can be useful, but the best deffense is the attack, so you can go without raising then. Save points for more usefull things)

Support Magic Rank 1 to Class 3 (Rank 1 can make a good difference since you will learn a skill that will add +4 to your physical defense. Any more than that only you are planing to get enchance)

Talk/Threaten 0 (They are good, yes, but remember that as a melee you dont have lots of points to spend, you can always ask for someone to tame a demon for you)

Weapon Knowledge(WK) Class 9 (It gives a good cls-r boost and its used for regal so you want to max this)

Occultism Class1 (This skill for itself is completely useless to melee, BUT, you will learn tarot, that is the easiest way to raise Weapon Knowledge)

Survival Class 1~2 (As far as i know this skill is useless, except for regal)

Chain expertise Retaliation (Regal Presence)

In short it boost your dmg with a certain kind of weapon. Long discription, it boost your dmg with a certain kind of weapon. So you probably want to get this the sooner you can since this helps you a lot.

You get it with attack class 2, WK Class 1 and survival class 1

Raising: You raise Retaliation by gaining rank in its component Expertises.

* Gains expertise equal to 20% of your Attack level.
* Gains expertise equal to 40% of your Weapon Knowledge level.
* Gains expertise equal to 40% of your Survival Techniques level.

Basically, the first 3 classes of Regal are a must for any melee build. While the others can help, they are not so good as the first 3 ones.

My build at lvl 90:

Attack 8. Spin 7. WK 9. Survival 2
Back to top Go down
BALMUNG
Clan Master
Clan Master
BALMUNG

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:19 am

*Now it's my turn. Minor note on Sieg's faqs: Survival technique increases longevity of the dura on armor, such as arms legs, etc etc. Also he is right about the counter and rush parts because he himself has experimented them. Rush looks cool and fancy but in battle in higher level dungeons and in PvP its useless.

*I was a Pure melee spinner level 57 but realized I wanted to become better in PvP after one match in fate where all the strongest players were on and I died 12 times 0_0. So I became an enhance regal. Do I regret it? HELL NO. Why? Well for one my build is doing awesome damage and my enhance is not anything great. The only problem with starting this build at first is the defense because it sucks.

Ideal Expertise for Enhance Melee:
  1. Attack 8 or 9 (preferably 9 nowadays)
    2.Weapon Knowledge 9 (why wouldnt you have it at 9?)
    3.Survival 1 (for the regal requirement)
    4.Support 4( this increases enhance by .4 and gives good skills to use)
    5.Curative 2( required for enhance it's pretty useless and garbage but hey its w.e.)
    6.Bless (pointless skill but needed for enhance, you get this from germain in babel, give him a faded earring garnet)

So what stats do you increase? Simple, Str and Int.Why? Str for your cls-r and Int for your boost(i call buffs/pulses boosts) from the enhance. We all no wat Str does but what reason is there to increase Int just for increasing mp? Simple because it increases the percentage of increase you get from the boost.
Example: the moment you get enhance you can boost yourself 30% with no int stat. The increase wont be big until you start touching Int at around 60 to 70. I don't know how much boost increases after but the IDEAL stat to have for Int is 140. At 140 your boost is 70%. INSANE, so increasing Int is the most vital part but dont forget to increase str. My friend Rozenn is also an enhance regal but he put all his stat into Int so he started with dealing very little damage.

In the end Enhance melee is the best PvP class currently in our servers until the next class comes in( in JP I hear from sources that Mages are making a killing now).
End notes: You want your expertise's of regal and enhance at 5.8 and 2.5, I thank Sieg for starting this topic as I wanted to get it started for some time, Keep looking at this topic in the future there will be many updates, Also if I left something out I will update my post.
  • ClanMaster BALMUNG
king
Back to top Go down
BALMUNG
Clan Master
Clan Master
BALMUNG

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Tarots for melees   The Melee topic EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 am

In the game of megaten there are many many stones that have different effects for your equipment. In this segment I will give the stones melee's (enhancer melees to) should look at and will be giving my review for each with a statement and a number (1 out of 10,etc.). I will give my review on Soul stones sometime in the future when I get a chance.I will post them location at one post at a time(arm,leg,etc)

ANY STONE IN OLIVE IS MEANT FOR ENHANCER MELEE'S ONLY

]
Stone Name Effect of Tarot Review Score
Ogre STR+1,MAG-1 Pretty pointless, simply because you can just get a tarot card with less work and macca 0/10
Kali STR+2,CRT+10,MAG-3 One of the best crystal for now,I heard a conversation between 2 high level players and apparently japan lowered the critical modifier immensely making this crystal pointless.The purpose of it is the critical,overall good crystal for now except the 800k price For now 8/10,later 3/10
Arch Angel 1% slash pointless, pathetic -10/10
Arahabaki CRT+10,CRT DEF-10 probably expensive, worthless kali is better for now 0/10
Choronzon HP+3,MP+1 If you want hp i guess this is alright but it really is not worth it 1/10
Cyclops Blunt 1% Blunt is an awesome weapon,this stone is not 0/10
Setanta STR+1 WHY? 0/10
Quetzalcoatl STR+1,MAG+1,HP+2 expensive and looks better for DD, forget about it 1/10
thoth INT+2,MAG+1 A bit pricey,no good for pure melees,a must for enhancer melees 9/10
Omoikane INT+1,LUCK+2,MAG-1 Thoth beats it but its not a bad crystal,luck is a good add in 6/10
Bishamonten VIT+2,STR+1(CHAOS STR+2more) Expensive as hell,going for about 1.5mil it is a pretty good crystal but for chaos players it is an awesome crystal getting a total of 3str times 13 pieces of equips and you have 39str more ,kororo has this taroted in all his equips 6/10, If chaos 10/10
Zouchouten CLS-R+2,HP-20 I like the cls-r,but why the hell would you want to lose 20hp thats a good chunk,pathetic 0/10
Oberon STR+1,MAG+1 expensive and stupid 0/10
Ganga INT+2,STR-1,MAG-1,SPD-1 pointless WHY? 0/10
Jikokuten STR+2,VIT+1 awesome crystal and it is cheap going for 150 to at most 200k great increases and a must 9/10
Tanki VIT+1 WHY? UP ABOVE 0/10
Fenrir STR+2 2 str is good but it is a pricey stone,jiko wins 5/10
Valkyie INT+1,LUCK+1,VIT+1 all round goodness,problem is could be pricey 7/10
Uriel STR+1,Fire Tolerance+3,ice tolerance-3 waste of a good crystal,never tarot a uriel 0/10
Qilin INT+1,LUCK+2 good but thoth beats it 5/10
Koumokuten HP+20,CLS-R-2 as dumb as it's bro zouch 0/10
Parvati INT+2,MAG+2,STR-5 your a complete idiot if you tarot this -10/10
Momunofu -3%hp cost of spin this one could be interesting but hmm 13 times 3 is 39 so -39% 5/10
[td]

Recommended crystals:Thoth and Jiko (bishamonten if chaos)
Recommended tarot cards:Reaper STR+1,VIT+1 The power STR+1,MAG-2,LUCK-2 The Moon MAG+2,INT+3 The justice STR+2,MAG-1,SPD-1

*CLANMASTER BALMUNG
Back to top Go down
Siegfried

Siegfried

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:33 am

Have in mind that if you tarot something with -luck you will take a lot of critical, i die all the time when i dont use sukukaja stones, that raise critical def
Back to top Go down
BALMUNG
Clan Master
Clan Master
BALMUNG

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Excellent Forum counter topic   The Melee topic EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Here are is an excellent forums topic for melee's to look at

This one is about counter.It's build, the dynamics of it
http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=505204&sid=c047db2ea612f22931c41693d1bd3913
Back to top Go down
Siegfried

Siegfried

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:57 pm

This build have some flaws. A good build for melee with counter, that i will try, is as following

Counter 7.5
WK 2.5
Attack 8
Survival 1
Spin 7

This way you will have a good offense and deffense.
Back to top Go down
BALMUNG
Clan Master
Clan Master
BALMUNG

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:33 pm

But in the later posts people addressed him to change the build so it's not a fail per say. I suggest your counter going to class7 and then WK to class3. You need to find ways to get as much regal as possible. Spin could be interesting as well
Back to top Go down
Siegfried

Siegfried

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Starting a melee   The Melee topic EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:31 pm

The first thing you want is to get regal to class 2 as soon as you start, no matter whats your build. I got regal to class 2 and maxed counter but this is little too much. Now then, here is the easiest way to archive it.(its still boring and takes time)

First off, do some sugi tunnels bronze till you have 30 soul shards and tame or fuse an angel when you are lvl 10. After you got your angel, go back to vb and start skilling attack, survival and if you want your other skill (spin or skills needed for enchance). What i did was to go to the second floor of VB to fight gakis. I gave the first 3 hit combo then guarded 2 times then another combo till they died, after that i moved to another. I would suggest, if you are going to full melee build, to get survival 1. and at least Attack 2. and spin 1.

When you are lvl 18, do a few h3 hack chips till you get a kikuri hime. Then go to babel and learn occultism from st Germain (remember the soul shards? you use then here). Learning occultism you will be able to tarot, remember to disable occultism expertize before going to the next steps.

Buy some stacks of fool tarot cart from saint germain, then go to the armor shop and buy as many rings as you can, the cheapest ring available and start taroting fool into the rings. Each failure, give you 0.2 exp in weapon knowledge and takes 5 points of the dura of your item and each success give you 2 exp and wont dmg the item (not sure if its accurate but something around that). Do this till you got WK 3, but this can be used to get to WK 6 easy, after that it begins to get boring, but can still be used. I saw lvl 90 players doing this to max WK.

Now, if you did these steps you will be something like that in lvl 20

..................................Normal...............Trained Melee............Melee enchancer

Attack...........................C 2.......................... C 6........................... C 2
Survival........................C 1...........................C 1.............................C 1
Spin..............................C 1........................... C 5 ............................0
Support...................Optional(R1)...............Optional(R1)...................Class 3
Bless..............................0................................0.............................C 1
Curative magice .............0................................0.............................C 2
WK...............................C 3..............................C 6...........................C3
Occultism ......................C 1..............................0..............................C1

Regal..............................2.4...............................4..............................2.4
Enchance..........................0.................................0.............................3.2

Points used/Max..............8/18...........................17/18.........................13/18

This is my suggestion in what to do when you start a melee, sorry if i made some mistake and i hope this will be useful, any doubt ask me
Back to top Go down
BALMUNG
Clan Master
Clan Master
BALMUNG

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 am

Siegfried wrote:
The first thing you want is to get regal to class 2 as soon as you start, no matter whats your build. I got regal to class 2 and maxed counter but this is little too much. Now then, here is the easiest way to archive it.(its still boring and takes time)

First off, do some sugi tunnels bronze till you have 30 soul shards and tame or fuse an angel when you are lvl 10. After you got your angel, go back to vb and start skilling attack, survival and if you want your other skill (spin or skills needed for enchance). What i did was to go to the second floor of VB to fight gakis. I gave the first 3 hit combo then guarded 2 times then another combo till they died, after that i moved to another. I would suggest, if you are going to full melee build, to get survival 1. and at least Attack 2. and spin 1.

When you are lvl 18, do a few h3 hack chips till you get a kikuri hime. Then go to babel and learn occultism from st Germain (remember the soul shards? you use then here). Learning occultism you will be able to tarot, remember to disable occultism expertize before going to the next steps.

Buy some stacks of fool tarot cart from saint germain, then go to the armor shop and buy as many rings as you can, the cheapest ring available and start taroting fool into the rings. Each failure, give you 0.2 exp in weapon knowledge and takes 5 points of the dura of your item and each success give you 2 exp and wont dmg the item (not sure if its accurate but something around that). Do this till you got WK 3, but this can be used to get to WK 6 easy, after that it begins to get boring, but can still be used. I saw lvl 90 players doing this to max WK.

Now, if you did these steps you will be something like that in lvl 20

..................................Normal...............Trained Melee............Melee enchancer

Attack...........................C 2.......................... C 6........................... C 2
Survival........................C 1...........................C 1.............................C 1
Spin..............................C 1........................... C 5 ............................0
Support...................Optional(R1)...............Optional(R1)...................Class 3
Bless..............................0................................0.............................C 1
Curative magice .............0................................0.............................C 2
WK...............................C 3..............................C 6...........................C3
Occultism ......................C 1..............................0..............................C1

Regal..............................2.4...............................4..............................2.4
Enchance..........................0.................................0.............................3.2

Points used/Max..............8/18...........................17/18.........................13/18

This is my suggestion in what to do when you start a melee, sorry if i made some mistake and i hope this will be useful, any doubt ask me

Well during the taroting I get .3 each and between 3 to 5 expertise per success. Another thing C 1 bless,C 2 curative and c3 support does not make enhance 3.2, it makes it 2.1. It is not necessary for an enhance melee to bring his/her enhance to 3.2. Leave it at 2.5
Back to top Go down
Maeve
Admin
Admin
Maeve

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:44 am

This is not my forte but...

Hoshit Balmung pulled out a table! And used it. D:

[I hate using html tables. Kudos to Bal. Razz]
Back to top Go down
https://niflhelclan.forumotion.com
BALMUNG
Clan Master
Clan Master
BALMUNG

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 am

A little update to the melee forum

Kororo's stats are here, found it in aeria. He is an enhance melee except he is unique in the way that he maxs str instead of int

The Melee topic 20091116

Also an awesome stone came out

Thor (Stone is implemented, but Celu Gold is not, so have fun trying to get this stone~)
Tarot: Level limit - 60
+2% Electric affinity
If Law: +3 str +1 Vit

Soul Fusion: Top, Level limit - 75
+5 Str, +3 Magic, 5% to null Electric damage
If Law: +15% Electric Affinity
If Chaos: -15% Electric Affinity

absolutely AWESOME stone period
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Melee topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Melee topic   The Melee topic Empty